Connex Connect Returns Policy
Connex Connect can only offer a direct return if the Device was purchased directly from SMD Technologies. If you have a problem with your device, please return the device with the packaging and Invoice to the Retailer you purchased it from.
SMD Technologies will not accept any items back for credit if the packaging is not complete (as you got it when purchased) Box, accessories etc
Defective items may be returned for refund or replacement. The following restrictions apply to refunds or replacements:
- All products must be returned in original condition including packaging, documentation, warranty cards, manuals, and accessories.
- If unopened goods are returned within 14 days, you will receive a refund excluding transport costs.
- Certain hardware items and all custom/special orders may only be returned for credit.
- All returns must be shipped at the customers expense.
- Consumables are non-refundable.
- 20% handling fee on any goods returned that are not in their original packaging, this must be within 14 days of you receiving the order.
- Please note that if your item/s are returned and do not contain the entire package that was shipped out, you will not receive a credit.
- No Return will be accepted without proof of purchase
- No Return will be accepted if there is user Damage
Below you will find SMD standard terms and conditions with regards to warranties and products.
- These conditions apply to all products or solutions that are purchased from SMD and are returned for repair, replacement/exchange or credit.
- SMD’s warranty is a carry in warranty, unless otherwise specified, where it would be the responsibility of the person or persons that purchased said products from SMD, to have said products returned to SMD or to bear the cost of the logistics involved to return the item.
- All defective goods returned to SMD will be thoroughly tested by our own in-house technicians to verify the fault on the item, if any.
- Connex Connect Smart Products have a 12-month warranty from date of purchase.
- The warranty of all products and/or solutions will be null and void if the serial number label is missing, damaged or tampered with. The removal of “Do not remove” or “Do not break” seals and sticker will be subject to the same conditions.
- Any products with visible sign of tampering or user induced damage of any kind will have the warranty voided immediately.The removal and replacement of factory fitted cooling options or fittings with aftermarket cooling options or fittings constitutes alteration of the product and will immediately void the warranty of the product. Visibly damaged screw points and screws that show an attempt to open or tamper with/alter a product will void the warranty of the product.
- Products damaged or rendered inoperable through electrical damage (power surges, lighting damage and other types of electrical damage) unless otherwise specified and not protected by some form of surge protection, will be deemed to be warranty void in terms of guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the products. After market and non-approved AC/DC power adaptors will not be covered under warranty and if found to be the cause of damage to a product, will void the warranty of the product.
- If found faulty, any component sent in will be repaired or replaced within a minimum of 48 hours subject to stock availability and reparability.
- If a component is not found to be faulty according to the designated fault report, the component will be returned at the customer’s expense to the customer as is or will be made available for collection at SMD Technologies.
- Where reasonably possible, a carry-in item will be inspected and dealt with as you wait. If the problem is likely to require a longer period to test or repair, the item will then need to be booked in after which time further work will be carried out. Standard turnaround time for returns is 48-72 hours.
The above times will depend on the severity of the problem experienced as well as parts availability. In the event that a repair will take longer than the specified time frame, the customer will be informed and confirmation required for the repair and extension.
- Tablets and other similar consumer electronics products will be booked in and an average turnaround time of 72 hours can be expected. This will depend on spare parts availability.
- SMD takes no responsibility for the backup and or integrity of personal or company data present on ANY device or storage medium.Customers are encouraged and implored to make FULL back-ups of any data present as SMD will not be held liable or responsible for any loss of data on goods booked in or worked on. SMD will not perform any data recovery service and will not pay for such services and this will be at the full cost of the customer.
- When products are returned for repair, please ensure the following criteria is met:
- The unit(s) are undamaged, as we are not liable for any physical damage other than product failure.
- There must be a detailed fault report or explanation attached to the defective item(s) to explain the problem. The more detail we are provided, the speedier the turnaround time.
- A copy of the invoice for the product is included as proof the unit was purchased from SMD.
- Any products with an authorized repair centre within South Africa will be sent to their relevant appointed repair centres once received by SMD. SMD will make every effort to ensure that units are repaired as soon as possible and the client informed at every step of the process. Spare parts availability or the lack thereof, at non-SMD repair centres, will affect the turnaround time of the repair. This process by and large is out of the control of SMD and we take no responsibility for delays or extensions caused by the repair centres.
- Brand new replacements or exchanges for faulty items cannot be guaranteed. We will replace some items with refurbished replacement units.
- When there is a shortage on any specific item, we will swap the item with the most similar product or pass credit at the SMD’s discretion. Credit will be given based on the lower of the replacement cost or original purchase price.
- If any goods are damaged or if the warranty has passed its expiration date or has been voided, customers will be liable to pay for the repair of the product.
- SMD will not be responsible for products returned for repair, warranty or exchange that are not collected within 3 months and uncollected repairs, warranties or exchanges will be sold after these 3 months to recoup costs.
- A full credit on goods will only be considered if returns take place within 7 days of invoice date, provided goods are in resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging.
- If the return of goods for credit takes place after 7 days from the date of invoice (Up to a maximum of 30 days after date of invoice), then credit will still be considered however at the lesser value of 70% of the current sale price of the product or 70% of the original purchase price, whichever is the lower, provided goods are in a resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging. The acceptance of such credit us wholly at the discretion of SMD.
- No credit will be considered and under no circumstances will this stance change when a product is returned more than 30 days after date of invoice.
- A 30% handling charge will be levied on any credits accepted that are returned without original packaging, software or manuals. Credits of this nature are wholly at the discretion of SMD.
- Software that is opened will NOT be credited and opened software immediately becomes the property of the customer. Peripherals with blister packaging that requires cutting or tearing to open will NOT be credited and peripherals opened with packaging of this nature immediately becomes the property of the customer.
- Components/Spare Parts orders not collected after 5 days will be cancelled and returned to the supplier or sold to recoup costs.